Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i disable customer portal for customers and only handle ticket creation with email?

Jijo John [DevOps Consultant] March 31, 2015

How do i disable customer portal for customer users or i do not want to disclose customer portal to customers. Only tickets will be handled by e-mail?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Stamprath
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

Tip: If you send the mail, you can use following plugin to give the customer an public view (he see what you want) to the issue and the status:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.issueViewer

Steffen Stamprath
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2018

Meanwhile we also have a new better plugin which has many more configurations:

Share Your JIRA
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213609/share-your-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Bruno Vieira May 20, 2020

stop stop stop t recommand a plugin! 

Like # people like this
2 votes
Jarosław Heba May 21, 2015

Hi Jijo,

Have you tried to disable "customer" module of JIRA Service Desk Add-on?

Simply go to "Add-ons"->"Manage add-ons" in Administration. Then find the module, expand its list of modules and search for "customer" module. Disable it.

Alexandre Gravel September 11, 2017

Thank you for your answer, this works for me.

0 votes
Daniel Westgate August 7, 2019

This works for cloud, so i guess it would be the same for server.

If you want to delete a project, so that is cant been seen or actioned via the customer portal, then change the permission scheme, and this will delete the project visabilityfrom the portal, and the ability to raise tickets via the portal.

• go to permissions schemes, find the project you want to edit and click permissions.
  • You should then see a permission called "Browse Projects" click remove, this will give you the option to remove "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access".
  • Once done refresh your portal and like magic the project has gone.

hope it works for you like it did for us.

Per-Erik Kristensson March 10, 2021

This also make it impossible to raise tickets via e-mail :-(

Like Jack Brickey likes this
0 votes
Jijo John [DevOps Consultant] April 8, 2015

Thank you both for your answers

@Adrian, I know that option, however i would like to hide portal web page, It should still function the Service-desk using email

@Steffen, That plug-in seems good for customers who want to hide the portal, and work with a unique link, Thanks!

Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2018

Hi, Sorry for bringen an "old" ticket up - but any new thought to this.

I really would like the SLA part for several projects, without portal and requests...all users do have real JIRA accounts

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2018

Normann, you can hide all request types from the portal. the customer can still access the portal and view their requests but they won't be able to create any.

Normann P_ Nielsen _Netic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2018

Thanks, I was aware of that. 

A kind of reprahse - I have several Software project (with links to Bitbucket etc) that I would like to enable (at least) the SLA part og JSD ... without breaking the "Software" - developer Tool access.

I am quite sure the answer is "no", seems theres no way getting all parts of JIRA (CORE+SD+Software) in One project, as Atlassian Designed it....

PS: To Jijo John - Sorry for writing on this issue....

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2015

You can disable a service desk portal from the associated JIRA project's administration > Service Desk page. Please make sure you a logged in as administrator. 

Glenn Verrijkt June 16, 2016

But that would disable all service desk functionality entirely. Is there a way to only disable the "Customer Portal" pages, but keep everything else, so that you get a workflow that is purely based on email? The email notifications should also not refer to the (inactive) "Customer Portal" pages.

Kathleen Mullen October 28, 2016

@Adrian, do you have a link to some more specific instructions as to how to do this. I can only find "Portal Settings." Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events