Can an SLA change after being completed for a ticket?

Haris Psarropoulos June 14, 2015

Hello,

This will need a bit more explaining to make a point... We have, for example, two different KPIs (SLAs), one for Blocker incidents and one for the rest. The ticket was acknowledged with the Blocker SLA and the SLA was completed successfully. But while the ticket was being worked on, the priority was lowered. The time to resolve was properly recalculated, but the time to acknowledge (which was completed) was not, it continued to use the Blocker SLA. Is it possible to change this?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Once the SLA is met, changing the conditions won't recalculate it. This is done purposefully though and there is some good explanation at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-358. Check the below part:

So that was back in October 2013, our company had a target SLA of 8 hours throughout. Since then the team worked against that SLA, they smashed it, 98% succeeded rate. Come January 2014 the company decides to change the SLAs down to 4 hours. New year, new target. As a result of this change all time metrics will be recalculated again. Makes sense, but for SLA outcomes the whether to recalculate or not question becomes a tricky one: Should we wipe all 2013 SLA outcomes and apply a 4h throughout? Remember that team with the 98%? Well they are now down to 12%, bad luck I'm sure you agree with me that in this case you wouldn't expect the 2013 SLAs to change, because they were valid targets and valid outcomes at that time.

This applied to your case too, although I can understand why you want to change it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events