Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a use a single (inbound) email address for multiple customers in Service Desk?

Larry Lefkowitz September 26, 2014

New to Service Desk (cloud).  I'd like to create multiple service desks, one per client company (customer).  I'd like to allow (designated) customers to submit issues via email as well as via the Customer Portal.  I created an email address for this (i.e., support@mycompany.com) and associated this with my first service desk.  I'd like to be able to use this same email for all of my customer service desks. (Since each service desk allows you to specify customer email addresses, it seems that it would be possible to assign inbound mail to the correct service desk even if there is a shared inbound address.)  When I try to use this same inbound email address on my second service desk, it is rejected (because it is already in use with another service desk).  Is it possible to use a single support email address with multiple customers or am I required to set up one email address per customer?

3 answers

0 votes
Greg Brailsford April 15, 2015

I believe what your trying to accomplish is done via project mappings. https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Use+Project+Mappings look at mapping based on domain.

0 votes
Ari February 25, 2015

Hello Larry, did you manage to solve this yet? I'm having somewhat same challenge... basically having separate inbound email address per customer company (support.customercompanyX@mycompany.com) might work out. Also, I _hope_ that approach would make it possible to use correct (customercompany X) SLA for each incoming email arriving to that specific email address - planning to test that myself.

0 votes
SabrinaB December 4, 2014

Would be very useful for us too. Did you find a solution for that issue? Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events