Can a unknown user comment on a ticket ?

Nick Bloemers September 29, 2017

Hi,

We have a few months Jira Servicedesk installed, and so far everyting runs smooth and fine.

Today i was called by a customer, and he said to me that i didnt respond on his ticket / email. 

We looked in the logs of Jira, specificly the mail handler log, and we found a error message;

This was the error message: You do not have permission to create internal comments on this issue.

So what happend? let me explain;

We recieved a email from 1@customer.com and Jira created automaticly a ticket, listed the user in the userdirectory, and set the user 1@customer.com as reporter.

Now user 1@customer.com has forwarded the automatic reply from our jira servicedesk to 2@customer.com. 2@customer.com replys to our servicedesk, and the mail handler says the above error message.

So what i want to know is the following; can a user, that has not created a ticket, or is not a reporter comment on tickets? We have some company's where we create 1 ticket, but 10 people will respond. If only 1 response is logged in Jira, that could give problems.

So can we change our Jira Servicedesk, that it will accept comments from anyone ?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

@Nick Bloemers, so is the other customer (2) listed as a customer for the project? They would have to be a customer to be able to comment.

Nick Bloemers September 29, 2017

I had tried this with both, we added customer 2 to our project, and it fails. Also we tested it with a unknown email adress, and mailed to our SD, but also the same message.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

Is the issue shared w/ the second user? Can you try that?

Galen Lyngholm September 29, 2017

We're having a similiar issue but not quite the same - if a requester forwards or CC's the issue to another user (for instance, to get more information) and the forwarded user replies to the Service Desk email address, a whole new incident is opened instead of just adding a comment.

Nick Bloemers November 3, 2017

Sorry for my late comment, its really busy here,

No the issue is not shared. We created a ticket, and assign a customer and reporter. Jira sends a mail to the email adress of the customer.

the customer recieves the email, but a collueage replys to the adres.

So Jira -> Customer1@domain.org - Customer2@domain.org replys to Jira, and then the error "You do not have permission to create internal comments on this issue" appears.

If Customer1@domain.org reply's the comment is added.

i checked the permission scemes of our project, but the permission helper says that everything is good.

Muhammad Bilal June 3, 2019

Hi,

Did you find the solution for this ? if yes please let me know, i have the same problem.

"You do not have permission to create internal comments on this issue"

Thank you

Muhammad BILAL

RU March 5, 2020

Hi,

We have the same error in the log file, "You do not have permission to create internal comments on this issue" when someone who is not a reporter or a participant replies to an issue email.

Is there any solution to fix this problem , so those comments are added to the issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events