Can a Service desk agent invite other user as agent?

Every new user that is added to our Jira/Confluence are also added as Agents. How de we disable this as default behaviour?

2 answers

0 vote

Can you take a look under Administration, Applications... Check Application Access.

See what's checked there as Default.

Wonder if you have Jira-Users added to Jira-Service desk or something.

Only Jira-Service-Desk users are listed under Service Desk as user group as I can see.

0 vote

Cool.  are your users in question members of this group?

Other places to look:

1.  Under administration, system tab, project roles.  Check Service Desk team role to see if it's been modified.

2. If the users are coming in via ldap or a saml module - check those to see what groups are being assigned as the user comes in.  for ldap look in “Administration”, then “User Management”, then “User Directories”.   check default group memberships.

3.  review the service desk project settings, look at user permissions and security there.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 8 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

30 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot