Can a Collaborator log work (time) on a JIRA Service Desk issue?

We have a JIRA Service Desk project and we would like Collaborators to be able to track the time they spend working on this issues within the JIRA Service Desk project. Is this possible?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Hi,

No, not within JIRA Service Desk, see the documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Collaborator.

We implemented Service Desk with a workflow that automatically clones an issue to a development project when it reaches a certain status. This way development can work on the issue (and log that work). When the issue is resolved, the original issue is updated so the agent can proceed with the issue.

Regards,

Geert

Hi @Geert Graat,

Great solution, but is it possible to Atlassian On Demand users?

Hope your considerations. Thanks in advance!

Michel Barros

Hello Michel,

Our solution relies heavily on the Script Runner plugin. Unfortunately, that plugin is not available for On Demand and it looks like this will not change in the near future, see this post.

Maybe you can have a look at the JIRA Command Line Interface plugin, which seems to provide similar functionality and is available for On Demand. I do not have any experience with that, so I cannot offer any help with that unfortunately.

Geert.

How do you use Script Runner to allow contributor to log time to a JSD issue. This would really slow one of the problems my company is having right now. 

Hey @Geert Graat,

Thanks for sharing such alternative to On Demand users. I'll try it and check if it fits our needs.

Best Regards!

Michel Barros

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Looking for teams who switched from email to Jira Service Desk

The Jira Service Desk marketing team is working on a guide to help new Atlassian customers switch from email to JSD and we'd love to hear from you! Please share: - What made you realize that i...

252 views 1 6
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you