Can a Collaborator log work (time) on a JIRA Service Desk issue?

Rodolfo December 22, 2014

We have a JIRA Service Desk project and we would like Collaborators to be able to track the time they spend working on this issues within the JIRA Service Desk project. Is this possible?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2014

Hi,

No, not within JIRA Service Desk, see the documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Collaborator.

We implemented Service Desk with a workflow that automatically clones an issue to a development project when it reaches a certain status. This way development can work on the issue (and log that work). When the issue is resolved, the original issue is updated so the agent can proceed with the issue.

Regards,

Geert

2 votes
Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2020

Hi Rodolfo.

We released this feature as a part of the Enhancer for Jira Service Desk. This is a new app on the Marketplace with bunch of useful features like log work by collaborators.

In app’s documentation you can find more information how collaborators can log work with Jira default Time Tracking. In case of any questions feel free to contact us at support@appsvio.com

Cheers,

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2020

Hi @Tom Jones [Appsvio]

Just FYI that commenting posts which are not active for more than 6 months breaks the community guidelines 

No necroposting: Aka, no "raising threads from the dead." In general, avoid posting on old threads (six months or more old) simply to promote your products.

Cheers,
Jack

Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
February 6, 2020

Hi @Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_  

Didn’t know about this guideline. Sorry for that. I just wanted to share this information to many Jira admins who needs this feature and thought this channel is relevant.
Cheers

0 votes
Michel Barros August 11, 2015

Hey @Geert Graat,

Thanks for sharing such alternative to On Demand users. I'll try it and check if it fits our needs.

Best Regards!

Michel Barros

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

Hello Michel,

Our solution relies heavily on the Script Runner plugin. Unfortunately, that plugin is not available for On Demand and it looks like this will not change in the near future, see this post.

Maybe you can have a look at the JIRA Command Line Interface plugin, which seems to provide similar functionality and is available for On Demand. I do not have any experience with that, so I cannot offer any help with that unfortunately.

Geert.

Tim Hall April 3, 2018

How do you use Script Runner to allow contributor to log time to a JSD issue. This would really slow one of the problems my company is having right now. 

0 votes
Michel Barros August 10, 2015

Hi @Geert Graat,

Great solution, but is it possible to Atlassian On Demand users?

Hope your considerations. Thanks in advance!

Michel Barros

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events