Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Service Desk customers see other customers' issues?

Alexandre E July 6, 2015

I have a project and a Service Desk portal for an organization we are working with, with 4 customers from that same organization. How can I give them the ability to see other customers tickets so they don't duplicate tickets and report the same issues twice?

Thank you.

4 answers

1 vote
Jim AMCI email February 19, 2016

It would be very helpful if any member of our customer organization could see all the tickets for their organization–it would give them a nice overview of our ongoing work with that organization.  

It occurred to us that we could have customers add each other as Requested Participants (or maybe we could add them with a post function or automation rule) but then I think they'd all get notification emails for all the issues.  If we instead have all the customers at the organization share one profile, then only one of them can ever receive notification emails.

It would be great if they could get notifications for the Requests they raised personally, but at the same time be able to view the other Requests that their coworkers have raised.

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2015

In general you seem to be trying to stop people from reporting the same issue twice. That is exactly what the Service Desk knowledge base feature is for.

I think you should have a read through: Providing self-help resources for your customers with a knowledge base

I hope that helps!

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2015

Also, participants are not enabled by default, so you need to enable it first.

More about it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Adding+people+to+participate+in+requests

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

You need to add them to Requested Participants - that's how it runs now unfortunately.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events