Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Service Desk Customers receive notifications on every Status change for non-public projects?

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Can users with Service Desk Customers project role receive notifications of all status changes for non-public projects?

These are the only notifications customers receive when SD notifications are ON:

SD_notifications.jpg

If SD notifications are OFF, I understand customers will receive notifications as per the project's notification scheme, but only if it is a public project.

Maybe, customers can be added to another project role as well, specifically designed for receiving those email notifications. If so, what event is triggered on every status change? ('issue updated', 'generic event'...). I guess that adding a wider event will produce more notifications than just status changes... right?

There might be another approach using Post Functions on every workflow transition. If that is possible at all, how could that be configured?

Thank you very much in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2015

Hello Ignacio,

Notice that the Notification Scheme will only be valid for the users who have access to JIRA (Your customer don't belong to that, unless if they are JIRA users as well), so besides the default JSD notifications where you mentioned before, you'll have to create an automation rule when an issue matches a specific status, a notification is sent (Alert) to a specific user.

For this, I'd create an pre-made automation rule called _Be aware of urgent issues_ and just edit the user who will receive the notification and set to notify when the an issue matches a status X or Y (IF and ELSE IF)

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Thank you for your answer.

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2015

I think I've found the answer I needed:

"Email notifications will only be sent to people who have permission to view the relevant issue — that is, people who:
- have the Browse Projects project permission for the project to which the issue belongs; and
- are members of any Issue security levels that have been applied to the issue."

So, assuming Service Desk Customers are restricted to Portal Access, that's why they cannot be notified unless it is a public project.

However, there might be other ways of notifying customers (Automation rule? Post function?).

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2016

Hi Ignacio,

You can send out notifications based on ANY issue event in SD using our add-on

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo/cloud/overview

Cheers,

Vladimir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events