Can Service Desk 2 customers be licensed in Confluence?

The Confluence knowledge base must be private, not public access. Can we license our Service Desk 2 customers who do not have/need a JIRA license in order for them to see knowledge base articles? 

3 answers

yes, I believe if you make it private and not available through SD then they will need an account on confluence.

Hi, as JIRA and Confluence have different user directories, you can add a user in Confluence that not necessarily has an account on JIRA. But obviously it will count in your Confluence license.

How is a Service Desk 2 user granted access to CQ? Is this documented somewhere? 

This is the workflow I want: 

1. External customers cannot create JIRA SD issues or view Confluence Questions until they create an account / login. 
  2. An external customer can create a new service desk login. This same user is granted access to confluence questions with read/write permissions. (without creating two separate logins) 
  3. This same user can search confluence questions to look for an answer to their question
  4. If they don't find an answer to their question, they can post a new question or comment on an existing post. 
  5. The JIRA SD Agent who is also a confluence and CQ users can answer the user's question.
  6. The question appears in the CQ UI where it is visible to all logged in users. the JIRA SD external customer gets an email. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

67 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot