Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can JIRA service desk track my customer's product purchases?

Prapas Sinthawat February 14, 2019

I'm just starting to look into JIRA for service desk implementation.

My ideal implementation is to create a new customer account for our customer and assign some of the products they had purchased to their organization with some trackable information such as warranty expiration date, software version, serial number on device etc.

So when they're in need to get supported, they just login into the portal and pick their product in the inventory and ask question about it. And we can track customer's product to offer the another product in need for them.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2019

In my opinion this would not be the best tool for that. It is likely possible that you could configure it to make it work but it would be a bit of a stretch. There is an addon called Insight that might get you closer to your requirements. The key requirement here I thing is how easily a customer could monitor their assets/purchases.

Tommy Nordahl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019

Yes, Insight is a great way to accomplish this functionality in Jira Service Desk. By configuring the Insight Custom Field, you can decide exactly what should be shown for each logged in user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events