Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can JIRA Service Desk show the queue to Customers as well as to agents?

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2015

Can JIRA Service Desk show the queue to Customers as well as to agents? Is it true that only agents can see the queues? Is there a way to show this to customers?

I know I could define queues, using JQL in the Queue page.

But I then can't see how to view the queues from JQL. I would want to  display to a dashboard for anonymous users.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Martin.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2015

If the customer is not licensed in JIRA, they won't be able to see the actual JIRA tickets (which is what you will find in the queue).

You can create a dashboard if the anonymous access is allowed.

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2015

The customers in this case are internal, interdepartmental, and do have user accounts.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2015

You can then create a dashboard just like you do for any other purpose. Service Desk queues won't be visible but you can create pretty much the same thing by creating filters and adding them in dashboard or saving them as favorites.

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2015

Ok, cool, thanks. Kinda what I suspected at https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JSD-256 - shame the queues aren't exposed as JQL but that's merely a nice to have.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events