Can JIRA Service Desk show the queue to Customers as well as to agents?

Can JIRA Service Desk show the queue to Customers as well as to agents? Is it true that only agents can see the queues? Is there a way to show this to customers?

I know I could define queues, using JQL in the Queue page.

But I then can't see how to view the queues from JQL. I would want to  display to a dashboard for anonymous users.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Martin.

1 answer

0 vote

If the customer is not licensed in JIRA, they won't be able to see the actual JIRA tickets (which is what you will find in the queue).

You can create a dashboard if the anonymous access is allowed.

The customers in this case are internal, interdepartmental, and do have user accounts.

You can then create a dashboard just like you do for any other purpose. Service Desk queues won't be visible but you can create pretty much the same thing by creating filters and adding them in dashboard or saving them as favorites.

Ok, cool, thanks. Kinda what I suspected at https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/JSD-256 - shame the queues aren't exposed as JQL but that's merely a nice to have.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

504 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you