Can I use Service Desk for new customers setup?

brittongr October 3, 2017

Hi,

I remember looking at some video or reading an article about using Jira Service Desk (or maybe wasn't this application) for setting up new customers and following all the process through the system.

Every time we get a new customer we need to run a series of tasks, which involves things like sending them some contracts to review, waiting on them to send it back, setting up their account and depending on what they get we might need to do some configurations.

Is it possible? If it is, can you provide me please a link where I can check this and set it up in our instance?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

You can, but this requires (usually a lot) of customization.  We have set up a number of onboarding processes for clients using JSD.  Depending on what you want to have it do, I would expect to purchase some number of apps to handle automation, etc for you. You can do a lot of the basic things without the need for additional apps, but if you want to manage relationships (manager/employee,) assets, account creations, etc, you will need apps and external integrations.

Greivin Britton October 6, 2017

Thank you Dave. Don't want to do a lot of customization and was considering doing from the Jira app by using an Epic Template but seems like there is no way to clone an Epic with its Tasks in Jira Cloud.

Will look for another way.

Thanks again

Greivin Britton October 6, 2017

Just thought on something... We used Jira API to migrate the tasks from the application we were using before, we can setup an app or process to do the same with the tasks we need :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events