Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I track time-based metrics data for a Jira project/component

Dave Bolt May 28, 2019

Can Jira keep track of historical usage metrics for an item that is tracked as a project/component/version? I run a distance learning (DL) system that has a variety of DL courseware available. Some is heavily used and other is more lightly used. I have a service desk that tracks issues against DL courses raised by users whenever they have problem.  Some issues are about the end-user's machine configuration and others are because there is a problem in the actual courseware.  Assuming the DL system can tell me the number of DL sessions for a given course for a given period, say a week/month I would like to store this data in Jira so I can do some analytics based on tickets that are received.  If I have a high volume DL course that has a uptick in issues in a given week then I might want to devote tier-2/3 assets to look at that course for issues over a low-volume course that has an uptick.  The key is in how we hope to conduct triage of the problems, sending the right workers to the right fire.  So in short at either the product/component/version level I need to track the number of user sessions per a specific date (example 1031 sessions for the week ending 24 MAY 2019?  Ideally this would be pushed via the REST APIs.  Can I do this in Jira/Confluence/Jira Service Desk or will I have to dump the data outside of the system to mix Jira issues with non-Jira usage metrics?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events