Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set SLA goal for end of next business day?

John BouAntoun December 3, 2013

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to set the SLA to be next business day and not have to set a specifc number of hours?

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

Hi John,

Service desk doenst support business days at the moment because of the lack of calendars as well.

Regards

Anand

0 votes
FRA January 11, 2019

Hello
Are there any updates on the question?

I need to calculate the SLA (next business day) starting from the following day for 48 hours.

Example
On January 8th at 4:00 pm I open a support ticket to an external supplier.
The calculation of the SLA must start from 00:00 on January 9 for 48 hours.

Any suggestions?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2019

The answer remains the same. I don’t expect this to change TBH but you never know.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2019

I’m aware of it only because I have seen others speak of it in the Community. Doesn’t hurt to trial it.

Jeremy Thompson May 12, 2020

@FRA, did you find a solution that worked for  SLA goal by "next business day"

Thanks!

FRA May 13, 2020

@Jeremy Thompsonwe found a solution for the SLA nbd.

we have scheduled tasks through MyGroovy.

Like Jeremy Thompson likes this
David Seeto July 6, 2021

SLA Powerbox doesn't currently support Cloud - they're working on it. I've asked Time to SLA if their app does it. It also occurs to me that if you coudl figure out what hour the request was created, you could set an SLA for that number of hours until the end of the next business day, although that's a lot of SLAs; I don't know whether we could set up a JQL to get that info, though (I'm very new at this...)

0 votes
Bojana Vasic September 22, 2017

Hi,

Any solutions for this without using an add-on? I'm struggling with this how two manage to set the SLA to be next business day...

Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2017

@Bojana Vasic,

this is an old thread so likely best served to create new thread in these cases. You can set up SLAs based upon #hours and you can use different fields to refine this, e.g. Priority. Business days are managed w/in the Calendar you define. If you define your calendar to exclude weekends, holidays etc then the SLA timer will exclude which gives the business day capability. You can even set up multiple different calendars and SLA associated. Have you had a chance to review this document?

Can you provide specifics of where you are having an issue?

Bojana Vasic September 28, 2017

Hi @Jack Brickey,

Thanks for answering!

I am aware of all set up possibilities you are referring to... But, that is not what I am looking for. I would like to have a "next business day" as a goal in SLAs instead of hours. And as far I can see it is not possible to configure that...

Any ideas?

Regards

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2017

Correct, there is not literal “next business day”. The only suggestion i have is 24h or similar. To me, 24h accompanied with the appropriate calendar works

Y3 Service Desk August 31, 2018

Is any latest version supported on the above stated query

0 votes
laurence bascle September 23, 2014

Valiantys had made a presentation at the UK Atlassian Meeup about how to do just that, unfortunately I failed to take notes and now not getting any joy in chasing them. In case they read this, thanks for sharing!

0 votes
shihab
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2013

Hi John,

Although Service Desk 1.1 does support calendars which allow you to define your working hours, it's not possible to set an SLA target to a specific time (like end of next business day).

You can raise a feature request for this on jira.atlassian.com so that others with the same need can vote on the request.

Cheers,

-Shihab

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events