Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make portal only customers or can I make an active user a portal only customer?

Jeremy Price August 29, 2017

Basically I am trying to remove a lot of users from my instance but I want to make them portal customers so they can still make a portal ticket. Or do I have the ability to make portal customers foer New Users being added. After reading the doc on removing the check boxed and send invitation email it should make that user a portal only customer but that doesn't seem to be working. 

I'm assuming that's because the user was once on my instance so I deleted the user tried readding them with nothing checked on the create users screeen and they were still made to be an active user. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2017

@Jeremy Price, to be clear you have a user(s) that have application access or are agents or what?

You can certainly change a user to portal only if you are an admin. Just go to User Management, enter the users name and uncheck the application access then ensure that they are listed as a Customer in the project(s) of choice.

Jeremy Price August 29, 2017

Users that have application access. Ok, now once I remove all of the checkmarks, am I still going to be charged for that one user? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2017

no. once they are portal only (customer) then they are free.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events