Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I integrate our website and user guides with service desk search?

Rodrigo Barnes September 27, 2017

As with many software and service vendors we have a public website and online tutorials and user content. We would like to integrate the search within service desk to include both content in JIRA SD, Confluence and that public content we manage without having to duplicate this.

The goal is allow our service desk team to access consistent internal and external information.

Is it possible to index and search this additional content somehow?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2017

Hi Rodrigo,

Unfortunately I don't believe it's possible for Service Desk to index non-Confluence content. This would probably be a great space for a plugin developer to come in and work on, although I think it would be a difficult technical challenge because of "not knowing" what's on the other end of the link.

One thing you could look at doing, although this doesn't really do what you're asking, is take a look at RefinedTheme for Service Desk. This lets you add content/modules to your customer portal pages. If you have categories of articles to link to, you could add these as columns under your request types and link out to your external KB. Here's a small-ish screenshot from their product page showing what that can look like.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events