Can I increase the width of JIRA Service Desk customer forms?

Valerie Boudreau January 20, 2016

JIRA Service Desk fields are scrunched to half the width of the body of a form, and the form is a third the width of the screen, so the form fields are 1/6th of the screen. They look silly. Can we increase the fields to the width of the body of the form? We are using JSD Cloud. 

10 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

Since google led me here, If you're using Jira Service Desk Server, you can use Script Runner to insert a Script Fragment / webresource. Just use the context customerportal and then you can override with your own CSS.

If you're on Cloud, there's an open feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2410

Christina Hiller May 31, 2019

Any code snippets showing how to configure this using Script Runner?

Like paulmc-di likes this
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2019

See this snippet but you should also upgrade Service Desk and see if that fixes the problem. The new version has an updated look with a wider width.

Like Christina Hiller likes this
Stefan Derungs June 4, 2019

According to Atlassian one shouldn't be using the customerportal context but instead the servicedesk.portal context.

Found here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Insert-css-to-request-page-in-JIRA-Service-Desk-via-Script/qaq-p/474519

Like Christina Hiller likes this
1 vote

JSD form.png

0 votes
TriMet Jira Administrator February 16, 2018

+1

It seems like it would be a pretty simple fix... 

0 votes
Dan DeMers July 5, 2017

Does anyone know if there is a solution? We may have to dump service desk as the customer experience is just not acceptable when your content takes < 1/2 the screen.

Dhavval Aarya July 24, 2019

Hi,

This solution has worked for me:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/fragments/WebResource.html

i was able to increase the width of form to 60% of the page.

css element is .aui-page-panel-inner and context is customerportal

Like 이진우_Jinwoo Lee_ likes this
0 votes
Allan Neil March 19, 2017

This is so frustrating!!

0 votes
Garry May March 15, 2017

Please tell me someone has a solution, or better yet Atlassian made it customisable??!!

0 votes
Richard Xia February 22, 2017

We're also wondering about this. The box is so narrow that it makes code snippets difficult to read because 80 characters nearly fills up two separate rows.

0 votes
Sami Purho January 26, 2017

Is there any solution/workarounds for this?

0 votes
Dave Marsico February 1, 2016

Also curious about this one, we have had the same question from our Service Desk project owners...

0 votes

example

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events