Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I customize the fields that are available when using the Create button at the top of the page?

Lynn Shriver November 10, 2017

I'm not sure the best way to explain what I want to do, but I will try.  Please ask questions, if clarification is needed.

For my domain, when using the Create button in the page header, can I customize the fields available after the project has been selected.

JIRA Header CREATE Button.png

Create Issue Project Drop Down Box.png

Once a project has been selected, I want the fields displayed to be a set of default fields I've chosen for the project.

Create Issue From Create Button in Header.png

This is the URL that is displayed when hovering the Create button.

URL used for create button.png

I know I can do this on an individual basis by using the "configure fields" options (see right-hand corner of images 2 and 3).  But I want the options limited for everyone all at once, and not having to "visit" every user's system.

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

Lynn

1 answer

0 votes
Lynn Shriver November 10, 2017

I found a way to kind of work with this.

• Go to the Project Settings page
  • Screens
  • Find the "Create Issue" screen in the list

• Click the link to the "Create Issue" screen
  • Add the fields you want available for the screen

NOTE:  This also affects the fields available when you are creating request types.  The fields available for use are the same fields listed in the "Create Issue" screen.

I'm still new to this, so there is likely a better solution.  Please provide any other suggestions.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

@Lynn Shriver, in fact this is how the Jira products work. By editing the default Create Issue screen it will modify it for all issue types that use the default Creat Issue screen. If you wan to only change a specific issue type for a specific project then copy the default, rename and modify to your needs. Finally assign the screen to the project/issue type you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events