Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a rule that emails a group when a ticket enters a queue?

Jeremy Schrecengost June 10, 2014

I have a few queues set up for my service desk tickets. I would like to send out an email to a mailing list when a bug enters a queue is that possible out of the box? If not is there an add on or some code I can add to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2014

As far as I understand, it still a JIRA ticket and adding notifications to send to a user which uses the mailing list would forward the mail to the respective persons. Alternatively, you can add the user of the mailing list to subscribe a saved filter.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2014

Seems like we have an open improvement request on this in JSD-87. Is it similar to what you are requesting? As a current workaround, you may see the following for an example JQL to be used in filter subscribtion referring to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SDKB/How+to+configure+notifications+for+breached+SLAs

Jeremy Schrecengost June 10, 2014

So there is no way to notify my dev team when a ticket is 2 hours away from breaking our SLA? I was hoping that this ad-on would give me more control over SLA deadlines with notifications to the team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events