Can I create a rule that emails a group when a ticket enters a queue?

I have a few queues set up for my service desk tickets. I would like to send out an email to a mailing list when a bug enters a queue is that possible out of the box? If not is there an add on or some code I can add to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

As far as I understand, it still a JIRA ticket and adding notifications to send to a user which uses the mailing list would forward the mail to the respective persons. Alternatively, you can add the user of the mailing list to subscribe a saved filter.

Seems like we have an open improvement request on this in JSD-87. Is it similar to what you are requesting? As a current workaround, you may see the following for an example JQL to be used in filter subscribtion referring to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SDKB/How+to+configure+notifications+for+breached+SLAs

So there is no way to notify my dev team when a ticket is 2 hours away from breaking our SLA? I was hoping that this ad-on would give me more control over SLA deadlines with notifications to the team.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

793 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you