Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a report by Channel in Service Desk?

Richard Saffell February 1, 2015

I want to see how many tickets are being opened by Email and how many by Portal.

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2015

Hi Richard,

Yes, this is possible. In order to use this value for reports or filters, it will be necessary to go into advanced mode for your queries, and try adding something like the following to your statements.

issue.property["request.channel.type"].value = "email" // potentially also try simpler form of request-channel-type = email 

issue.property["request.channel.type"].value = "portal" // potentially also try simpler form of request-channel-type = portal

However, there is currently a bug with this feature, as described by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1365

This has been fixed and should be available in the next release.

Regards

Matt
Service Desk developer 

Richard Saffell February 2, 2015

Matt, I'm excited to get the fixes. Can you tell me what I would use to do a report by Customer Request Type? I wanted to have a report that would show me how many are "General" and how many are not General. I know how to use the operators, just not what field name to use or what specific value to use (is it just the Request Name of the Request Type?).

5 votes
Robert Cass April 16, 2015

This was a good interim fix. Channel needs to be a query-able just like assignee, etc..

Rina Nir (AC)
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
December 22, 2015

agree with this comment

Like Joe Pakenham likes this
2 votes
Peter Rush September 24, 2019

Needs to be available as a reportable field, not just as filter criteria.

1 vote
Confluence Bot July 24, 2019

This function is now available from within reports by using the field "request-channel-type" in the JQL filter.  Options are : email, portal, jira 

Tom Gaffney July 27, 2020

Is this value exportable via csv export?

Like karoline_brugger likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events