Can I build a Calendar base on Groups and Display issue types that apply to them?

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2019

I want to build out calendars base on groups of a single project. I have two groups a Server team group and a Help Desk team group. I want to show the issue type that each group team is getting. 

When I use the JQL to build this out I get an error that the issue type doesn't exist.

I am using this JQL

project = "Help Desk" AND status = open issuetype = "Systems Change" 

It won't let me use Systems Change as and ISSUETYPE even tho it is one of our issue. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2019

Hi,

The JQL seems invalid to me, please add the AND operator between conditions.

Your query should look like:

project = "Help Desk" AND status = open AND issuetype = "Systems Change" 

Let me know if that works.

Cheers,
Radu

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

Thanks I forgot about the AND but it still doesn't recognize "Systems Change" as a issuetype. Does it only recognize issuetypes that are defaults in JQL? So it didn't work. I put Task or Bug or other types but none of the types that I have created as issuetypes.

Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2019

Hey,

Just off the top of my head are you using a Classic Service Desk with requestt ypes?

Because if you are you need to look for request type rather than issue type.

Here is an example query from a default service desk

issuetype="Service Request" and "Request Type" = "Desktop/Laptop support (CAT)"

Let me know how that works out for you.

Radu

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2019

This still hasn't worked for some reason when I use any request or issue type it says that it is not a valid type. I will see or look more into it. Thank you for your assistance again. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events