Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I be an agent on one Service Desk, and just a collaborator on another?

Mike May July 18, 2019

So I have service desk product access on my account. I want to be an agent in one service desk in our org, and so in that one I am in role Service Desk Team. But in a second service desk, I want to be able to see and comment on issues, but I don't want notifications or to be able to be assigned issues—that is, on this 2nd service desk I want to be as if I was in role Service Desk Team with only a Jira Software license.

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

Hello @Mike May !

Yes, it is possible to be and Agent on one service desk and a Participant or Collaborator on another.  The project administration section "Users and Roles" is where the definitions governing each are managed. Here's a link to JSD documentation on the topic:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-agents-customers-and-roles.

Hope this helps and if so, please consider clicking the "Accept Answer" button so others searching Atlassian Community see the indicator in their search results.  Thanks!

~~Larry

Mike May July 18, 2019

Thanks Larry. The trick is: those docs say to add a user to role "Service Desk Team" to be a collaborator. But if I do that, and I have a service desk license, I become an agent, not a collaborator, on that service desk. How do I get around that?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

You can use any role or group to be a collaborator. Try creating a group called JSD Collaborator, add your name and add the group to the browse and comment permissions.  

Like LarryBrock likes this
Mike May July 18, 2019

Thanks Jack. I decided to create a new Agent-as-Collaborator role (Atlassian support's suggestion for resolving this) and added permissions accordingly. Seems to do the trick. 

Like LarryBrock likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2019

That's great to hear @Mike May ! - could I trouble you to click "Accept Answer" so others can find this solution?  Thanks!

Thanks for the follow-up @Jack Brickey - I got pulled away and just now had the chance to re-engage.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events