Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I automate the generation of a doc, or PDF, of issue details using a workflow post function?

Lynn Shriver November 27, 2018

We are using Jira Service Desk Cloud.

For specific workflows, I want to have a file generated which captures the details of the issue. This document, or PDF, would be generated either when the issue is approved or when the issue is resolved. Ideally, the file would be stored in a Google Team Drive.

Any ideas of how to accomplish this, with or without using an add-on, are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2019

You can use Better PDF Exporter to export custom PDF files from Jira issues.

It is available for Jira Cloud, including Jira Work Management, Jira Software and also Jira Service Management.

3layer Gestão Compartilhada July 4, 2022

Hi, I need a specific feature from this plugin to meet ours customer satisfaction. Better PDF Exporter could be useful in a post function? Like when a transition is update, then we can export a custom PDF?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

Are you looking for a solution on Cloud (like the original topic's deployment type was) or on Server/Data Center?

3layer Gestão Compartilhada July 5, 2022

Hi! It's a cloud instance, I Found another Plugin named Pdf Exporter automation, that's is free, unfortunately it's not available for Cloud solution.

0 votes
FCT: Malcolm Boekhoff August 21, 2023

We all await to see what the post function looks like, because I have exactly the same requirement.

0 votes
RKusmba
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2018

Hi Lynn, Using post function groovy script you should be able to generate it.

Lynn Shriver November 29, 2018

Thank you for the response.

I will let you know if this accomplishes the goal.

Dinesh Dinnu October 11, 2022

Hi Lynn,

Were you able to achieve this scenario? Please post the script.

Hi  RKusmba,

Please post the script if you have any.

Murray Alston January 18, 2023

Hi RKusmba, can the post function groovy script assemble and format all the issue data into a PDF, including the comments?  Does it have text manipulation features like Perl or Python?  also can it then call a .NET program after creating a PDF for the issue? 

Many thanks in advance for any answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events