Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add different projects to a service desk queue

Vic Tsushima August 12, 2015

I would like to be able to have this filter work as a service desk queue

project in (Project1, Project2, Project3) and assignee in (person1, person2)

all I get back in this case are those issues that belong to the service desk project.

5 answers

1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2017

Hi Vic,

Really need this feature as well.  Vote for:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1034

1 vote
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2015

It's unfortunately not possible to do it, as you confirmed in your tests.

In the "issues to show" panel of your queue you won't find the Project field to query for, although if you type in "project = P1" it'll be considered correct.

JIRA Service Desk is currently designed to have queues with issues from its own Service Desk.

Best Regards,

Andre D. Borzzatto | Cloud Support

0 votes

Thanks Jack, that's what I will do as well and now can at least add in "links" to those dashboards on the side panel to make it easier for the users to navigate to find them.  I will also rely on some well timed filter/subscriptions. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2017

What I do for this scenario is to create dashboards and Kanban boards. They work well for managing multiple projects. In fact I like the visual aspects  over the native JSD queues. 

Gideon Abate March 28, 2018

Do you have an example of being able to show Service Desk Queues as a Dashboard?

Sebastian Pedraza November 27, 2018

Hi @Jack Brickey It would be nice to see how you have this set up/screenshot of how it looks like to see if we can implement something similar :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2018

@Sebastian Pedraza, I don't have a current example as folks were not using it so I removed the stale board. With that said it looks like any Kanban board and you can configure as you want. For me I had one that looked something like below...

Kanban board filter = project in (proj1, proj2, proj3)

Kanban swimlanes:

• Triage - assignee = Unassigned (my process is for the collective agents to review all incoming that are unassigned and set the assignee
  • Expedite - priority = Highest
  • Proj1
  • Proj2
  • Proj3

Columns: (depends on your statuses)

• Waiting Support
  • Waiting Customer
  • Hold
  • Resolved
  • Closed
Like Sebastian Pedraza likes this
Sebastian Pedraza November 28, 2018

Thanks Jack, will play with that!

0 votes
Vic Tsushima May 17, 2017

Thanks for sharing the link. I definately needed to place my vote for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events