Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Customers and Organizations have access to Multiple Service Desk Projects

Karl Davidson August 8, 2017

Hi There,

I'm working on implementing Service Desk into our organization to replace our existing ITSM system.  I'm developing the workflow where our Support Team will workin in a Master Service Desk project. Typically the Support Team will escalate particular ticket types (Service Requests) to regional teams and subject matter expert teams. Once the tickets are escalated we have allowed the teams to which the tickets are escalated to communicate directly with the customer.

All customers and their organisations will be be added to the Master Service Desk project. 

My question is how will access need to be set up so that the regional and subject matter expert teams can communicate directly with the customer that raise the ticket in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Karl

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2017

Hi Karl,

When you say "escalate" you are still keeping the issues in the Master Service Desk project? 

Only Service Desk Agents can communicate directly to the customers.  That's a pretty hard and fast rule.

Cheers,

Susan

Karl Davidson August 9, 2017

Hi Susan,

The structure I'm hoping to put in place is that there will be multiple Service Desk Projects in our Jira instance 1 Master Service Desk Project and then Multiple Escalation Service Desk Projects.

Master SD Project

- Escalation SD Project #1

- Escalation SD Project #2

And so on.

The Master is the main one that client requests will initially arrive at. However an issue that arrives in SD Project #1 may be  escalated to SD Project #2 or SD Project #3. There will be Agents across those projects and there will be a subset of Agents that are across more than one SD project. So communicating with clients should be fine from an Agent perspective however I did want to understand what the experience for the customer would be if we moved an issue from Master SD Project to say Escalation SD Project #2. Would that customer have to be added to SD Project #2 explicitly? Also if that Customer was infact a Jira user would that issue be able to be escalated into other projects that are not SD Projects where that Jira user has appropriate permissions applied.

I think the answer is the customer would need to be added to the Master SD Project and any project that their issue gets moved to for the communication on that issue between the customer and user to remain open (via email mostly for us unfortunately).

Regarding my second question I think the answer is if the customer is in fact a Jira User the issue can be moved to any project where that Jira User has permissions and communications on the issue will continue to flow back to that user (again our main communication medium is email).

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2017

Hi Karl,

So first question:

we moved an issue from Master SD Project to say Escalation SD Project #2. Would that customer have to be added to SD Project #2 explicitly?

Answer: Yes

Also if that Customer was infact a Jira user would that issue be able to be escalated into other projects that are not SD Projects where that Jira user has appropriate permissions applied

Answer: Yes

I think you answered it yourself!  Let me know if you run into any stumbling blocks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events