Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar won't display Issues / Change Requests

Chris Chambers October 12, 2017

I've tried the Jira Issues Calendar add-on/gadget, and the 3rd party Mail.ru Calendar and Calendar Sync for Jira. - all on Jira 7.5 Service Desk, currently in eval. mode, running server version on Linux.  

(Jira rookie, BTW)

Our initial use of Jira will be for creating and tracking Change Requests and not, necessarily, issues like a help desk.

I'd like a calendar view of all requested and scheduled changes, ordered by start time.  This view can be within Jira Service Desk itself, or something that automatically exports and refreshes to Google Calendars (or elsewhere).  However, none of the Changes I submit to the system ever show up in the calendars.

The only limited success I had was with Calendar Sync for Jira, but that was only with an .ics export followed by an import into, in my case, into Google Calendar.  This included all the Change Requests I'd entered, but it wasn't sync'd/refreshed, so I would need to constantly export/import .ics files.

When trying to use the same export but Load via URL in Google Calendar it ended with "can't load URL" or, on 2nd/3rd attempts, it would appear to load the calendar, but show no entries at all.

I'm currently using Issues Calendar, and while I can get the calendar to display on a Dashboard, it remains un-populated with the Change Requests in the system.

Are there any calendar apps that will allow a weekly/monthly view of all Change Requests in the system, or is there simply a trick to configuring them that I've not figured out yet?

Thank you,

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Karalee Kikiros October 12, 2017

Hi Chris

If you have Confluence, you can get yourself Team Calendar and have this information pull from JIRA into it. The great thing about Team Calendars is that you can overlay calendars, do a daily/monthly/timeline view etc. 

For the Issues Calendar on the dashboard, remember to specify the date field that you want to use and also set the refresh as otherwise it will always remain static (or blank in your case). 

Chris Chambers October 13, 2017

thanks.  date field(s) are there, and refresh is set, but none of the calendars I've tried so far do anything more than allow a static .ics export, and only Calendar Sync does that.

I'll give Team Calendar w/Confluence a shot next.

0 votes
Jim February 20, 2018

calendar.teamlead.ru  - we were refused access to Team Calendars, it's blocked internally because it's a Russian url address. Anything with .ru is considered high risk.  Is anyone else running into this issue?  We are using the cloud version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events