CSV import for non-administrators

Mario Stoilov May 29, 2020

Pretty straight forward - One of our projects require a user to update the issues in JSD on a daily basis via an excel/csv import. They do not have administrator access. Is there a way I could expose that functionality (even through API/plugin) to them?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2020

Hi @Mario Stoilov , 

it is possible for a user without admin privileges to import a CSV file. The user will need the Bulk Change and Create Issue permissions only.

The CSV import interface is under Issues > Import Issues from CSV and Bulk Create Setup.

You can find the full documentation here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/creating-issues-using-the-csv-importer-939938927.html

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Mario Stoilov June 10, 2020

Hey, Alexis,

This helps, but it seems that the UI in Issues > Import Issues from CSV is different that the external System import.

Most notably, the Issue Key option is missing, I.E. it cannot update existing issues from the CSV file. Is there a way this can be enabled?

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

Hi @Mario Stoilov , 

you should check that your user has the proper permissions to update issues

Mario Stoilov June 10, 2020

@Alexis Robert The User I am testing with has the "Edit Issue" permission.

Brett Miles SSC December 8, 2020

I have the same requirement.  Did you ever get an answer to this?  i.e. how to update rather than create?

Mario Stoilov December 9, 2020

Greetings @Brett Miles SSC 

Unfortunately, no I did not get an answer. What we ended up doing is developing a custom script that takes care of the updates.

Anthony Vaz May 11, 2022

Can you share your script? I want to bulk import a CSV file with the Jira number as the primary key and new internal note comments. 

Michelle Campbell May 24, 2023

@Mario Stoilov - can you share the custom script?  Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events