CMDB integration with event management

John W November 10, 2017

I am evaluating JIRA Service Desk with the Insight CMDB plugin on behalf of one of my clients.
They essentially want to integrate event management from the infrastructure and applications with the CMDB. Ultimately this will be available to the Service Desk for incident management.
Here's the use case:

• Server has a critical error-
  • Server monitoring solution produces an event in the System log for that server-
  • The server monitoring solution sends the event to the CMDB-
  • In the CMDB, the effected CI changes it's status from Green to Red (or Amber in the event of partial service degradation)-
  • The Service Desk raise an incident incoming from a user-
  • The service desk are aware of the CI status when they select the business service (CIs) by viewing the CI relationship map.

Is any of this possible using Insight? 

Thanks in advance :-)

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Hi John,

One of the good things about the objects you have in Insight, is not only the possibility to use them in the custom fields, but to use post functions and automations to react on certain criteria. 

So using IQL, and event handling, you can automate behaviours like sending emails, or creating new issues etc. 

For more information on this, take a look at 

Best Regards
Alexander

Luigi_Ferri November 30, 2017

Hello John, 

I integrated JIRA Service Desk with the ITSM processes, and I created the CMDB, I'm open to share my positive experience with JIRA SD and Insight.

Cheers,

Luigi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events