Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulleted lists in JIRA Service Desk field help

Brandon Grady November 24, 2014

I have a service desk setup where I would like to put a bulleted list in the field help. I've found that you can use Confluence Wiki markup in the field help, which has helped with some things, but it hasn't helped with this since you appear to need carriage returns in the markup itself. I am unable to use carriage returns in the field help text as the UI uses all versions of Enter to save the changes. I've tried all variations I can think, included Ctrl-Enter, Command-Enter (I'm on a Mac), Alt-Enter, Shift-Enter - all simply accept the changes and do not put a carriage return in the text.

The other thing I tried is to use the line break markup (\\), but the parser does not recognize the bullet characters (* or -) after these.

Has anybody been able to get bulleted lists working in the field help for Service Desk?

2 answers

3 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2020

@Brandon Grady - as a workaround, use actual Unicode emoji instead of asterisks.

Example: These cats may have limited quantities: \\ • Norwegian Forest \\ • Scottish Fold

will appear as: 

These cats may have limited quantities:

• Norwegian Forest
  • Scottish Fold
0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2015

Hello Brandon,

The Carriage Return is currently not available in JIRA cloud instances for the service desk portal. 

The Feature Request to add this in is viewable HERE: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-570

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events