Bulleted lists in JIRA Service Desk field help

I have a service desk setup where I would like to put a bulleted list in the field help. I've found that you can use Confluence Wiki markup in the field help, which has helped with some things, but it hasn't helped with this since you appear to need carriage returns in the markup itself. I am unable to use carriage returns in the field help text as the UI uses all versions of Enter to save the changes. I've tried all variations I can think, included Ctrl-Enter, Command-Enter (I'm on a Mac), Alt-Enter, Shift-Enter - all simply accept the changes and do not put a carriage return in the text.

The other thing I tried is to use the line break markup (\\), but the parser does not recognize the bullet characters (* or -) after these.

Has anybody been able to get bulleted lists working in the field help for Service Desk?

1 answer

0 vote

Hello Brandon,

The Carriage Return is currently not available in JIRA cloud instances for the service desk portal. 

The Feature Request to add this in is viewable HERE: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-570

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,138 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot