Bulk upload product categorisation in Service Desk

John Greenwood July 26, 2017

We have an extensive categorisation structure that we want to transfer to the Service Desk.  I can't find any documentation on bulk upload for this.  If we did it by data entry it would take a very long time, so we were hoping for some form of bulk upload facility.  Does it exist?

2 answers

0 votes
John Greenwood July 28, 2017

Hi Jack

Thanks for the reply ;-)

We have a categorisation structure to our tickets, so for example, level 1 'Hardware' > level 2 'Servers', 'Desktops', 'Laptops', etc... This seems akin to the 'Product Categorisation' fields available from the standard build.  The issue I have is that we have maybe 400 lines of categorisaiton and I don't want to sit adding this one by one.  I did try the bulk upload option, but it doesn't seem to take both coloumns of data.  Is there a specific format that I need to use?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

@John Greenwood, very sorry for the delay getting back to you but I have been tied up and to be honest I do not have experience with this field and didn't know that it even existed. In fact I cannot find any evidence of this field except for one locating in Atlassian documentation that discusses best practices. However, I can't find it in any of my projects to 'play' with.

In any event by now you may already have moved on and/or solved your question. I will say that from my reading of your question and use case and the documentation it would seem this field (assuming it exists) would indeed meet your needs. However, if it is not a field that you can actually map to when using the import tool that is a moot point.

Let me know where you stand on this and if you solved please be sure to 'self-answer' and accept the answer so it can be leveraged in the future by others.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

John,

I'm not sure what you mean by "categorization structure". If you are trying to leverage a previous tool as a template to create project templates, workflows, etc. then I don't know of any way to do this. However, if you are trying to simply import data into JSD then you can do that via the import function. Before going further on the method I need to better understand your goals.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events