Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk operation

Muhammad Bilal January 7, 2020

Hi,

I have couple of old tickets which were not set properly for the resolution: unresolved when the ticket was closed. I have already edit the workflow and add the post function which has started working fine so when the ticket is closed the resolution is set to resolved.

The changes made in the post function does not made the changes for my old tickets which are still in the unresolved condition. I know i have to go to the issues and filter and do make changes via bulk operation. But i am lost here i can see that the transition issues says me : Note you do not have permission to perform a bulk transition on the selected issues. I have full rights on all our projects and i am the jira administrator. 

Is it another way to set the status of my all old tickets which are already closed and to set the resolution field as resolved?

Thank you

I look forward for the answers.

Regards

Muhammad Bilal

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hi @Muhammad Bilal 

you can add transition from closed to closed(self transition) called "Set Resolution" and then perform bulk issue transition

BR,

Leo

Muhammad Bilal January 10, 2020

Hi @Leo & @Per Löfgren 

Thank you for the answers.

I would also like to confirm after the changes has been done, i want that Resolved: time on the ticket should set automatically as of the date the ticket was closed and not the date which i will set the resolution for bulk issue transition.

Please let me know how to do this?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Muhammad Bilal

Muhammad Bilal January 14, 2020

Hi,

Is there a solution for my last message ?

Thank you in advance.

Muhammad Bilal

Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Muhammad Bilal,

Basically Jira derives the system time of resolution field updated lastly/recently and it updates Resolved Date accordingly.

I haven't done what you are asking previously by myself, but THIS thread would give you some idea 

BR,

Leo

0 votes
Answer accepted
Per Löfgren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

A workaround would be to add a transition from closed to closed called Set resolution. Add the resolve issue screen to that as well. Now you should be able to do the bulk operation

Muhammad Bilal January 7, 2020

Hi Per Löfgren

Thank you for your answer, can you please let me know the steps to do this? 

Thanks

Per Löfgren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Steps

1. Copy the workflow that you want to perform this action on

2. Edit the copied workflow and create a transition called "Set resolution" from status CLOSED to CLOSED. During this creation you will have an option to add a screen to the transition. Choose the default "Resolve issue" screen. 

You now have a loop transition on the status. From a screen view the users now have a button called "Set resolution". 

All you need to do now is change the workflow on you project to the new one and once that is done you should be able to perform your bulk operation on tickets that dont have a resolution set.

Cheers

Per

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events