Bulk add Customers to Service Desk (e.g. from CSV)

Matthias Paul Bachler September 24, 2014

HI Guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to add users to Service Desk (as Customers) e.g. via CSV Import.
Somehow I don't manage to export / import a the file to db.

Running JIRA 6.3.5 with Service Desk 2.0.2 on PostgreSQL 9.3.5.

I've tried the SQL query provided here - but without success.

Remark: I don't want to inform the users about that there account has been created - since we are just evaluating if we want to go this direction or not.

thanks,

Matt

2 answers

1 vote
Cihan Karakuş June 3, 2015

there is no bulk edit option for on demand(cloud) version. Is there anyway to add multiple customers at once?

Salama Abdelhakim April 22, 2018

@Cihan Karakuş1 are you find solution for this problem ??? i have the same problem ,and  i didn't find any solution yet

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2018
0 votes
Jonathan B. September 24, 2014

I suspect you're trying to add a large number of users, otherwise adding them via a .CSV may not be worth the effort. For some reason, I couldn't view the link you provided. Here are some links I found on adding users via the JIRA CLI.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/146178/is-there-a-way-to-import-users-from-csv-file-in-jira

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/How+to+use+runFromCsv

You might could also bulk add them into a group. Open your .CSV file with a text editor like Notepad or gedit. It should be comma delimited, but if not, you could open it with a spreadsheet program and Save-As a comma delimited .CSV file. Anyway if you can open it as a text file, you should be able to copy the entire string. Create a new group like TestCustomers and paste that string into the Bulk Edit Group Members page on JIRA >> User Management >> Groups >> Bulk Edit Group Members. Finally, add that group to the Service Desk Customers role in your project. This probably isn't the most ideal way, but just thinking it through , it should work wink .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events