Best way to setup service desk for multiple products support

Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 8, 2017

What is the best practice setting up service dest for multiple products?

We decided to create a separate project for every product.

Afterwards we discovered that support email has to be diferent for each project.

So our customers will endup with: 

product1_support@domain.atlassian.net

product2_support@domain.atlassian.net

product3_support@domain.atlassian.net

That sucks...

What I'd like to create is some sort of global inbox with some automatic routing to new projects.

For example:

support@domain.atlassian.net

1. If possible to detect the product move ticket to a dedicated project

2. if not possible to detect leave for manual decission -> move to dedicated project

3. Have separate hipchat channels for each project

4. The customer should be able to communicate via support@domain.atlassian.net all the time while using email channel.

Is it possible to split this that way or its better to label issues and create Queues for each product?

Best Regards

Przemyslaw

1 answer

0 votes
Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2018

Hi Przemyslaw,

I'm currently facing the same issue. Did you manage to find a work-around, or alternative solution?

Cheers,

Seamus 

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 8, 2018

Hi @Seamus Kieran

Unfortunately, no.

Regards

Przemyslaw

Jami Preher February 21, 2019

Hi @Prem Chudzinski _extensi_ 

I have been tasked to do exactly that.  Since you create multiple projects within the Service Desk, they will all have separate email addresses for Users to submit request tickets to.  This setup would work if each separate project required 3 entirely separate departments or teams.  Then that would be the ideal setup.  

However, if you have one general employee base reviewing issues before assisting such as I do, I have made just one Service Desk Project with 3 different components.  I created 3 different groups for each product, created the issue types, and edited the fields within Request Types to allow for Components to be a hidden field and a preset value. This means, when a User selects their Group on the portal screen, and attempts to submit a request--It will let me know automatically which product they are requesting assistance with.  You can add each product as a Component and run under the same project.  

I hope this helps some.  

Cheers,
Jami

Marketplace Partner
February 21, 2019

Hi @Jami Preher

I totally agree, this approach will work and is quite good.

But you'll end up having just one big Jira project.... 

I don't think this can be solved for multi-project approach.

Cheers

Przemyslaw

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events