Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for External User Management?

James_Mclellan October 2, 2017

What are some best practices people have found for managing customer/external user accounts in Service Desk?

I have run into a set of competing constraints that I can't find a good solution for:

1. Customer accounts with the e-mail address in the username (i.e. 'bob@mybestcustomer.com') get caught as spam when a notification is sent from Service Desk on the customer's behalf. This can be corrected by manually editing the customer account and removing the e-mail address from the user name.
  2. I have existing customer accounts going through branding changes. A large user base is expecting to change e-mail addresses twice (or more) in the next twelve months. I was thinking I could update the old user account as new e-mails arrive, transfer the 'reporter' property of any issues to the old account, and delete the temporary account. However, if a customer has commented on an issue with the temporary account, I don't seem to be able to migrate those comments.
  3. This is a lot of manual maintenance. Is there any easier way of keeping up with the changes?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

@James_Mclellan, on #1 when you say caught as spam do you mean by chance Microsoft spam filter. I had a similar issue and resolved in the manner you suggest. That said it isn't a good solution. Ultimately I need to work w/ MS.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events