We are already using JIRA OnDemand since long. Have been exploring few ticketing systems (till now Zendesk coming out as a winner).
But seeing Service Desk, we surely like to explore and subscribe to it - as then we would have single system managing all our data, which would be an ease to us as well.
What I have till now is arranged and published a custom workflow; have set an email ID which would receive emails from our clients and move it to Service Desk, etc. But finding some limitations:
Below is flow I wish to get working.
Our Client -------> OurSupport_EmailID --------> ServiceDesk
1) When I set an Outlook rule of 'Redirect' to firstname.lastname@example.org - it does NOT work (works fine in Zendesk though)
But when I set a rule of 'Forward' it works fine, but with an added 'FW: ' in summary/title.
2) Reporter here is always a default value I have set. (I thing if re-direct in above case worked this would have been bit better - for atleast email ID thats known to JIRA)
3) No Export option of tickets. As not all reports you provide are in way we want, having an export to csv facility would work in this case.
4) I want to have Un-assigned tickets. But then this is again limitation, atleast still in JIRA OnDemand 6.1.
5) Product is still at layman stage, having an insight of what all is planned ahead will atleast help us decide on which one to finalize.
For some of your points:
1) Check what you're "redirecting", it might not be redirecting at all - you'll need to dig through the settings and logs to find out what it's really doing. I'd start with the settings in the Jira email handler, it might be seeing the mail as bulk stuff to be ignored.
2) Jira looks at the from address, so make sure your mail forwarding is preserving this correctly
3) You can export to "Excel". In fact, it's not excel, it's some XML that Excel can read as though it's a spreadsheet, so it's sort of mis-named. You can actually read the output directly with an xml reader and downgrade it to CSV if necessary, or load it into a spreadsheet and save-as-csv. It might be better to look at the RSS and XML outputs, or grabbing the data via REST instead though.
4) OnDemand lets you enable unassigned issues. I suspect it's off by default.
5) Well, that's up to you :-)
Hi Nic, thanks for quick reply.
1) Tried all cases dear, but no luck. Point is it works fine with some other system but not here in Service Desk. On the settings side have kept Bulk as 'accept'. Image attached showing other settings.
2) Wish to fix 1, which should automatically fix 2.
3) I am not seeing these options. Is it enabled when one is in Trial?
4) I had refered https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+an+Unassigned+Issue, but then searched and found that option, Thanks.
5) Ofcourse it is. Is there any link which would show features in next release of Service Desk?
Hmm. Definitely need to do some debugging on it then. I'd increase the logging to see what is arriving in the POP mailbox (also, what does "not work" actually mean? Mail not incoming at all, processed incorrectly etc)
As far as I know, a trial is pretty much identical to what you'd see if you decided to buy. Most of the export options I mentioned are available in the issue navigator. REST obviously is separate, as it's remote access
I don't know about new features, Atlassian don't give a lot away on their planning. I'd rummage through https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD though - you can infer a lot from the bugs they're concentrating on, and features they're planning to address.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs