Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation triggered but not executed

Miftah Farid June 29, 2020

Already set: Rules will run as if performed by ME (admin), but having error: "You do not have permission to create internal comments on this issue", where I clearly able to create internal comments.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2020

Hello @Miftah Farid

Thank you for reaching out.

In order to better troubleshoot the problem you are facing, can you please confirm if you are using the Service Desk automation (Under Project settings > Automation) or the new Jira Automation (Under project settings > Project Automation)?

Also, can you provide us with a screenshot of the error returned to you and another screenshot displaying how your automation is configured?

If you are using the New Automation of Jira (Under project settings > Project Automation), the user that runs the automation will always be the default Automation app user. In that case, I suggest you the following steps:

1. Navigate to settings > System > Project Roles and check if the Automation app user is added to the atlassian-addons-project-access role.
  2. Then, Navigate to the project where the automation is configured > Project settings > Permissions and check if the atlassian-addons-project-access role is added to the "Add comments" permission.
  3. Finally, navigate to Project settings > Issue Security and add the atlassian-addons-project-access to all the issue security levels you have

Now, if you are using the Service Desk automation (Under Project settings > Automation):

1. Navigate to project settings > Automation > Double-check if the rule configured to be performed by your user:
    Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 16.30.07.png
  2. Navigate to the project where the automation is configured > Project settings > Permissions and check if your user is added to the "Add comments" permission.
  3. Navigate to Project settings > Issue Security and add your user to all the issue security levels you have

Let us know if you have any questions.

Miftah Farid July 2, 2020

Hi Petter,

I'm using JSD automation. Apparently Run rule as field was empty. Thank you, this answers my question

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events