Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule not working for a specific issue type

Roshin Joy December 13, 2018

In Automation under Project settings, we have a rule created for auto closing issues after specific SLA.

However this is not working for one type of issue. Other types of issues are getting auto closed without any errors.

The automation does not seem to be considering this issue type as the logs do not show any error. it seems to be skipping these types of issues.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2018

@Roshin Joy, Welcome to the Community. For the Community to be able to assist we will need more info. Can you provide the following:

1. screenshot of your automation
  2. list of issuetypes and associated workflows, that is are all issuetypes assigned to a single workflow or different workflows
Prasad Andrews September 18, 2019

hi @Jack Brickey 

I am facing the issue. We are using JIRA Service Desk automation.

But the rule is not executed under the project.

Please let me know how to fix this.

I have checked the permissions it's not related to permission issue.

Need Clarity Automation Rule Not Executed.JPGNeed Clarity Automation Rule.JPGAutomation Error.JPGOnHold Automation Rule.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

@Prasad Andrews , I just responded to you in your other post. Best to discuss there.

Chris Evans May 6, 2021

this link goes nowhere 

Capture.PNG

Like steven.baron likes this
julia_ryzhkova September 13, 2021

I am experiencing the same issue. Was this resolved?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2021

@Chris Evans , link corrected.

@julia_ryzhkova , I would recommend creating a new post as I suspect your situation may be different. When creating the post please be sure to share:

• platform (server or cloud)
  • automation screen shot
  • details of where the automation is and is not working 
  • automaton log from where it did not execute 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events