Automation rule for cross account integration between Service Desk and software board in other serve

akhil.annem July 1, 2020

Requirement: Our company has two jira accounts(assume Account A and Account B). We have a Jira Service desk in Account A and we have set an automation rule to create tickets in software board of Account A whenever a new incident is registered in service desk. But we now have a need to replicate the incident created in Acc A Service desk to Software board in Acc B(due to developers users are actually present in Acc B) and link those two issues. Is there a way to achieve this?

Observation: When i tried to list down the projects while creating automation rules it shows only the local projects where i would also like to see the projects in other account.

1 answer

0 votes
Roman Melnychenko July 6, 2020

Hi @akhil.annem ,

You can synchronize  your Acc A Service Desk project to Software board in Acc B using synchronization tool like Exalate. Synchronization will create a link between issues in Acc A and  Acc B. Also you can put issue key from the remote side into a custom field. This way you would be able to list all of the remote tickets as well as the local ones. 

I'm a part of Exalate team and can show you how this would work in a live demo if you are interested. You can find Exalate on Atlassian matketplace. Here is a link  

akhil.annem July 8, 2020

Hi @Roman Melnychenko ,

Thanks for the response, i would like to see the live demo of how this works. I will be available from monday to friday 9AM-8PM IST hours. Let me know if the timing works out.

Roman Melnychenko July 9, 2020

@akhil.annem . Great! You can book a personal demo by choosing a slot here https://exalate.com/book-demo 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events