Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation on Project Change

Matthew Goldsmith April 10, 2019

I've recently created some automation rules that need to run for every issue that ends up in a given project. They work fine when the issue is created directly within that project, but fail to run when an issue is moved from another project to this one. Evidently a moved issue does not qualify for the "Issue created" trigger or any transition post functions associated with the workflow state it moves to. So with those ruled out, how is it possible to reliably call an automation rule or post function when an issue is moved to a project? 

1 answer

1 vote
Danny Coleman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2019

You won't be able to trigger a post function based on an issue being moved, as those will only fire when an issue goes through a workflow transition. However, there is an "Issue Moved" event that you can leverage for your the automation.

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2021

This worked for me but I had to create 2 automation rules one to capture when projects change and the other to capture when the issue is created. 

My end goal is to have a few rules,

if project = A then do X,

else if project = B then do Y

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events