cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for resolving unresponsive customers incidents

Henrik Lambert August 4, 2020

Hi,

My need

I want to set up automation that after 3 days in states (Awaiting customer or Awaiting Approval) to comment to customer that we need their response and we will resolve after 7 days.

After 7 days in states  (Awaiting customer or Awaiting Approval) add a comment notifying we resolved the issue. Transition the incident to resolved.

What i would like help with

I wanted to configure it with "Automation for Jira" that is now integrated and a far more powerful tool, but i can not find a trigger for time in state.

Does anyone know how to give me the above with the new automation?

Alternative

I have configured this with 4 automation in the old automation workflow and it works, but i either dont know how to add a "Dear *Reporter name*" to this. I know what the reporter tag is in Automation for Jira but don't know what works in the old one. 

If you know the answer to this, it could also work.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2020

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for reaching out! You can definitely do this in Automation and you will need 2 separate rules for this.

First rule will look like this:

Using the Scheduled trigger that checks once a day if there are issues more than 3 days old and then adds a reminder comment

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 9.48.02 am.png

Your second rule is similar:

Using the Scheduled trigger that checks once a day if there are issues in the status, then transition to Resolve and add a comment:

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 9.50.07 am.png

I hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Jane (Automation)

Henrik Lambert August 4, 2020

Hi,

Really appreciate it Jane, i will try it out.

Henrik Lambert August 5, 2020

Hi Jane,

I got the first part to work, but the seven  day warning will never be met as Updated timestamp is changed when the 3 day comment is applied by the system.

Does automation have a "time in status" or something like that we kan look at in stead of Updated?

****** solved now:

I figured it out. I used this JQL

status in ("Awaiting customer", "Awaiting approval") AND NOT status changed after -3d AND issuetype = Incident

status in ("Awaiting customer", "Awaiting approval") AND NOT status changed after -7d AND issuetype = Incident

This works better than updated.

Regards

Henrik

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders