Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Waiting For Customer

Javier Castelblanco Diaz December 9, 2019

Hi, 

When a ticket is open and there is a first external comment to the client, I would like to change the ticket status from Waiting For Support to In Progress (instead of Waiting For Customer), in our First Time Response external comment.  

In other words, when our technical staff writes his/her external first comment is to simply tell the client we receive the ticket and would work with it; so we are not exactly waiting for a response from the client  

Please advice.   

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

Two things. First there generally is an automated response going to the customer for every issue created unless you turned this off ( project settings, customer notifications). Second you can control the status transition upon comment under Automation (project settings > automation)

Javier Castelblanco Diaz December 9, 2019

Hi Jack, thank you for the fast response.  

I was trying to configure this rule on the automation icon but I don't see enough alternatives to set up the way I want to.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

can you share what you have? I would think you could get there OOTB. Something like...

when - issue commented

issue matches - status = xxxx (the initial create status), comment by Agent, comment is public, etc.

then do this - transition issue to In progress

it all depends on your workflow and requirements. in the end you may find you need and addon but I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events