Automation Rules, ServiceDesk

Stian Bentsen Sveen September 22, 2015

Hi, I've set up 4 different automation rules.

2 of them has been used since we started using JIRA SD, so the one running the rule is my own user.

I've set up a service account in JIRA to run all these rules instead.

The 2 new rules i've set up are running without problems, but when I try to change the actor of the 2 old rules, they are unable to trigger workflow transition with the error msg:

"It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Reopen Issue) that is not valid for the current state of this issue (ITGRP-1813). The likely cause is that somebody has changed the issue recently, please look at the issue history for details."

If I change it back to my user, everything is working ok.

This is only a transition issue action based on "issue commented" when an issue has a certain status. The service user has administrator rights to all the service desks, so I cant understand whats wrong.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2015

Hi @Stian Bentsen Sveen,

Does the service user have the rights to transition the issue to Reopen (based on what the original state was in your automation rules)? Perhaps this could be the cause of the issue.

I believe that despite the service user has administrative rights to all service desks, he might not have the right to reopen an issue.

Stian Bentsen Sveen September 24, 2015

Hi @Justin Alex [ServiceRocket], Thanks for replying. The service user is assigned project role "administrators" in all the service desks. This service user has access to "Transition Issues" via that project role (same as my user). I tried adding the service user to the "service desk agents"-group and now im actually able to transition. Its weird, because the 2 new automations I recently created also use transition issue and also comments on the issue and they were working perfectly fine before I added the user to the "service desk agents"-group. Its a shame I have to use a JSD-license for my service user, but it was more important to get this working.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2015

Hi @Stian Bentsen Sveen, Ah, that seems to be the problem. Even though the user has the correct permission to transition in a JIRA workflow, he/she would still require a Service Desk agent licence if he/she would like to transition a Service Desk request via the same workflow as well. This has been explained here in the docs: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/setting-up-service-desk-users-445188508.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-Typesofusersandtheissueviewforthem Also, I've tried this on a test instance, and managed to hit your issue as well. Guess both of us learn something new! :)

0 votes
Secure Meters Limited May 31, 2018

It seems right related issue.

New user assignment in automation rule, may fail for old tickets. It should work fine for new tickets.

It worked for me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events