Automation Rule

Hoa Nguyenthi September 6, 2018

I created a rule but it not run when issue is created. Can I separate this rule into two rules? Please help me some suggestions. Thanks

Details as below:

AutomationRule.png

2 answers

0 votes

@Jack Brickey Yes I checked the automation log and both conditions are not matched. I don't know why? Because if I only use Request type, it works fine but when I add more the Subsidiary field, it does not work, the issue is not assigned to users I set.

This is status of rule in automation log:

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 4.46.55 PM.png

And I also tried to separate this rule into two rules but they does not work.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2018

@Hoa Nguyenthi, have you looked at the automation log to see which leg of the rule is failing? Are you on Cloud or Server? Can you provide an example of an issue that you feel should succeed? Screen shot of that issue showing: request type and subsidiary?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2018

@Hoa Nguyenthi, first please us the “reply’s button vs. the answer button so we keep the thread clean. Now can you try creating a test issue that would pass? Try doing so such that it would match your first path.

I tried to separate this rule into two rules but they does not work.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2018

the issue is not due to multiple legs. did you attempt my request of test issue? result?

@Jack Brickey Yes I checked and if the condition is only Request Type, it works fine but when I add more the Subsidiary field, it does not work, the issue is not assigned to users I set.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2018

So does it work if you have a single Subsidiary value vs. multiples? If not then something is odd with that field or the issue isn’t matching the value. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events