Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rule is going beyond "If these match"

Mario Licup April 8, 2019

Hello! We have a lot of noisy automated tickets that are being generated. As a result, I am using automation to just close them based on description. Below are the conditions my rule is looking for.

reporter in (system) AND description ~ "Device name : Edge hub 1" OR description ~ "Device name : Edge Hub 2" OR description ~ "Device name : Edge hub 3" OR description ~ "Device name : Edge Hub 4" OR description ~ "Device name : Edgehub 1" OR description ~ "Device name : EdgeHub 2" OR description ~ "Device name : Edgehub 3" OR description ~ "Device name : EdgeHub 4"

It then leaves a comment: "Automation rule applied to close ticket that contains no information other than "EdgeHub #"

But this rule is catching other tickets that actually do have helpful info that should not be closed, such as:

Description

Device name : T-Mobile Main Concourse Level Edgehub 3 - Error : Bad connection with Edge Hub"

I've attached photos of the rule and the ticket it seems to be catching. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!

Rules.PNGticket.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2019

Hi Mario,

It looks like you're running into an existing bug, which can be found here:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69263
The exact match does not work correctly, so as the JQL has "Edgehub" it will return tickets that has this word on the summary.
Please be sure to watch it and click on "This affects my team", so that you are notified when this is fixed in a future release.

Regards,
Angélica

Mario Licup April 9, 2019

Hi, Thank you for the update!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events