Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Rule: Tag Assignee in Comments based on SLA Breach in Jira 8.5 Data Center

Ivan X July 1, 2020

Currently have an active rule that tags users by name but also need to add the current issue assignee when the rule is triggered. I've tried several assignee tags but have not been successful.

<Automated message>
[~servicedesk], [~jira.admin]

SLA to Resolution is At risk *(60 min remaining)*

[~{{assignee}}] Please follow-up with the user or close the ticket if there is no response from the user.

I have read through the community and found the below as well but can't seem to get it to work, am i missing something?

[~accountid:{{assignee.accountId}}] 

{{assignee.displayName}} 

{{issue.assignee.displayName}} 

Current Instance: Jira 8.5 data center

1 answer

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2020

Hi @Ivan X ,

Are you using the JSD Automation or are you using Automation for Jira (A4j)?

The latter is Atlassian's newly acquired app (from CodeBarrel). In the project settings menu this can be found in the 'project automation' menu not to be confused with the 'automation' menu.

If you are using A4J then your examples should (all) work.

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2020

Hi @Ivan X ,

@Rudy Holtkamp  is correct re Automation for Jira. They look right. There's more in ours docs about it, https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/convert-usernames-to-user-account-i-ds/

Basically, it should always be:

[~accountid:xxxxxxxxxx] where xxxxx is your smart value.

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2020

Oh, sorry, my bad. I just realised that you're on server. The accountid: part is cloud only.

You should be using [~xxxx] where xxxx is the user key.

Ivan X July 6, 2020

hi @Rudy Holtkamp  - i'm just using the project settings automation rule and not Automation for Jira and using Server.

I actually realize that there's quite a difference with the tags used wouldn't work as they are for Automation for Jira.

@Simmo - since i'm not tagging an actual user but instead whomever the Assignee is for a ticket, would [~assignee] work? Have tried several times trying to trigger a 60m alert, 30m alert, but cant get my head wrapped around why.

Appreciate your help.

Simmo
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2020

Hi @Ivan X ,

If you're using Automation for Jira then it would be [~{{issue.assignee}}] however since you're using built in Automation I'm afraid I don't know what the answer is there.

Cheers,

Simeon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events