It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation: Populating Original Estimate fields post issue creation

Hello,

I have a situation where I need to auto-populate the Original Estimate field with 0:15m instead of the standard 0:00m with after the issue is created.

When I have attempted to create this automation rule:

When -> Issue Created

Then -> Edit Issue

Field -> there is no option to choose the Original Estimate field as it does not appear in the list of available options.

Is there a reason why certain fields like Reporter are unavailable from the dropdown?

Is there another process I could try to accomplish this use case?

Rod McWilliams

1 answer

Hi Rod,

Add the Time Tracking field in the appropriate screen like edit screen, it will have the Original Estimate and Remaining Estimate   

Hi @Ramaiah Pendli,

Thanks for the reply.

That's the confusing part to me.

I have the Time Tracking fields in all three screens (create, edit, view). We use Time Tracking across the board.

When I try to choose those fields from the Field option in the Edit issue, they do not appear. All the other fields identified in the Edit Screen (except for Reporter) are available. 

Neither Time Tracking nor the individual Original Estimate or Remaining Estimate are options. I don't know why. Is there a setting somewhere else that is rendering these fields invisible in the drop down?

cheers

Like Brett Flintoff likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

268 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you