Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation If comment is by internal User set status

Marco October 17, 2019

Hey there!

i somehow don't get this automation to work in our service desk.

What we have: a group called "internal employees" a status called "internal update"

What i want: If a user is in the group internal employees (and only in this group, we also have external employees groups) comments an issue the issue should get the status "customer update".

Currently we are using the atlassian own automation. 

i tried "reporter in (membersOf("Internel Employees")" as a condition, but i guess reporter does not look at the commenting user but on the reporter of the issue.

Anyone got an idea how to do that?

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2019

Hi Marco,

As Sebastian mentioned, currently it’s not possible using the built-in automation in Service Desk, since there is no option in the JQL to filter who commented on the issue.

We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

The workaround is indeed to use the automation for Jira. If you believe you will use this automation less than 300 times every month, you can use the free version

Here is an example of an automation based on your question:

Screenshot 2019-10-18_11-23-29-137.png

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2019

Hi @Marco 

I'm not sure that with embeded automation you will achieve this.

Please try Automation for JIRA Cloud Lite ( link ). There you can find a lot more ways to do this.

Regards,

Seba

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events