Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Bug

Hüseyin Melih ALTIN October 1, 2017

Hi,

In our service desk projects, we define some automation rules. For example, on the "Waiting for customer" status, if the customer don't give us reply or any information for the issue in 6 days, that issue wil close. But approximately about 3 weeks, this rule does not happen like this. The close alert was wroten in the comment box (that issue was closed), however the issue's status stayed at "Waiting for customer". When we receive the reports, this will be problem for us, because that issue was not closed.

We control the automation rules, there was no change on the rules. Everthing is Ok. The screenshot about this problem, on the attachment.Example about the problem.jpg

Where can the problem be? What sould we do? Can you help us?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2017

I have experienced that the automations will stop working without any 'related' error in the logs.

Restarting JIRA helped me get back the automations.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

@Hüseyin Melih ALTIN, can you provide an image of the actual automation? Consider any changes that were made just prior to seeing this automation no longer working. I realize you indicate that no changes to the automation was made but this could have been caused by other changes. The image of the automation will help zero in on the issue.

Hüseyin Melih ALTIN October 2, 2017

Automation1.jpgAutomation2.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

Looking at the SLA it appears that the issue lies w/ the second and the fact that the “Issue will close” is showing up in the issue but the second action (switch to close) seems to be failing.

I would try two things. First verify that you can manually move to Closed. Second I would look at the automation logs to see if they provide a clue as to the problem. I believe they should. If you can provide the logs around the time of the comment I can have a look.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events