Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create a ticket when one specific field option is selected for 1specific request type

Sam February 25, 2020

In Jira Service Desk, we have a customer portal with several different request types, each of which make an issue with issue type "Service Request". (see "service-desk.png" below).

Note: when I say request type, I mean one of the options shown above, e.g., "Request Access", "Request Information", "Other Requests" are all request types.

I want to automatically create an issue in a different project under these conditions:

1. The user selects the "Request Access" request type.

2. The user chooses one specific option "JIRA" under one of the custom fields, as shown below:

I have a strong suspicion that I'll need to use a ScriptRunner behaviour for this, but the Groovy script I've placed in the Behaviour doesn't do anything. I also don't have access to our Jira instance's server, so I haven't been able to check the logs.

I've verified that the issue type's workflow is used in the Behaviour, but nothing in the script seems to be happening at all whenever I use the portal to create an issue with this request type. I am using this in the Dev environment; could that have something to do with this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam February 25, 2020

Never mind, I found a solution.

Using a post function for the issue type "Service Request", I can automatically create the ticket. However, I will use a JQL query to make sure that the "Customer Request Type" custom field has the value "Request Access".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events